"Anyone can write", is as true as anyone can operate operate a heart.
A good text needs experience, talent and courage: the courage to jump over one’s own shadow, to listen and to pitch one’s tents beyond one’s comfort zone. Writing requires the intrepidity to fall in love with a topic anew every day. Entrust your content to professionals – you would do the same with your heart.
Explaining specialised knowledge in an appealing way to people without prior knowledge is the core of knowledge communication.
I am currently a fellow at the Free University of Berlin, researching the mathematics behind climate change models. >> about the project
In the case of specialised journalism, all the necessary background information is provided so that readers can form their own opinions. In guidebooks, this information is more concrete and practical.
What does philosophy have to say about the issues of our time? Especially for Utopia and Ethik heute, I regularly write philosophical essays.
I have been writing professional and technical documentation for Dataport since the beginning of 2020. Most of it is used internally. For citizens, this work is visible, among other things, in the help texts that assist them in using the digital administrative services.
For the German Federal Government, I translated legal texts into comprehensible language that ideally all people understand – without previous legal or official training.
- Happiness and life satisfaction
- Stoa and Stoicism
- Doctoral thesis on ancient theories of happiness put to the test of modern science
- Bachelor and Master of Arts in Philosophy
- Speaker on the topics of resilience, happiness and self-efficacy
- Training as a pastoral counsellor and voluntary work as a telephone counsellor
- Health insurance accreditation as a yoga teacher for stress prevention
- Climatic correlations
- Individual consumption decisions
- Climate-relevant nutrition
- Mobility transition
- Social relevance of sustainability
- Fellow at the Freie Universität Berlin in a project that researches the mathematics behind climate models
- In 2019, I published a non-fiction book on the topics of sustainability and consumer permissiveness
- Lecturer and organiser of a summer school on bioethics at the Ruhr-University Bochum
- Active in nature conservation since 1999:
- 3 years on the state board of the Naturschutzjugend (Nature Conservation Youth)
- Member of NABU’s national working group on sustainability
- Member of the regional working group on climate and sustainable development of BUND
- Digital Transformation
- New Work
- Collaboration tools
- Technical writer for digital management services
- Illustrator of a children’s book on cyber security
- Editor and illustrator in an IT security company
- Author of an online guide on cyber security
- Author of e-learning videos on digital transformation
- Student job in software support at the Ruhr University
Reports & Portraits
The aim of reports and portraits is to create images in the mind with words. They bring the past to life.
Portraits capture the personality of a person or shed light on a specific period of their work.
For example, I wrote portraits of the curator Alain Bieber and the design researcher Gesche Joost for the Landschaftsverband Westfalen-Lippe (LWL).
Features captures the atmosphere and mood of a situation. In the 13 years I have been writing for daily newspapers and cultural magazines, I have had the privilege of writing numerous reportages. For these, I wandered through sewers, visited plasma researchers or cycled through big cities. Most of these have been published in print.
Expertise from outside
You want to completely relaunch your website or build a blog from scratch? I would be happy to become a temporary team member. Together with you, I will create a coherent content strategy that is optimally tailored to your company.
Temporary editorial staff
You decide yourself whether I tackle a project together with your in-house editorial team – or bring in my own pool of copywriters. Thanks to the previously coordinated workflow, you also receive large response projects promptly, on time at the desired publication date – and from a single source.